Archive for February, 2015

Research Supports Millennials Prefer to Wait Out Marriage

February 26th, 2015 at 9:51 am

waiting on marriage, Illinois family law attorneyIt has been reported that the millennial generation is gaining ground as the emergent consumer demographic in the United States. However, this generation is also redefining societal views on marriage and divorce. With cross-checked data between the American Community Surveys and the 2000 U.S. Census report, millennials are waiting longer to tie the knot or opting to forgo matrimonial vows all together, adding credence to a changing marital tide.

A recent working paper, published by the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), an American nonprofit research organization, presents data supporting the millennial non-marital movement. Although NBER research found that couples who opt for marriage generally are happier and face life-hardships together to avoid divorce, the research also supports the millennial train of thought in waiting for marriage.

It appears that research across the pond is also producing similar conclusions. NBER researchers reviewed similar data derived from over 1,000 British couples. The data, cross-checked with The United Kingdom’s Annual Population Survey, the British Household Panel Survey, and Gallop World, produced similar findings similar to the NBER review. In the British findings, however, another interesting trend emerged.

By opting to ward off marriage until a later age, or not at all, the British research concluded that if both partners consider their significant other as their best friend that they are happier. There is, in fact, no real rush to tie the knot and non-traditional living arrangements can reap the same benefits as a happy civil union.

In a divorce torn American society, perhaps millennials are on to something. NBER study co-author and University of British Columbia economics professor John Helliwell believes they are. As told to The New York Times, Helliwell suggests that perhaps it is time to rethink the importance placed upon the institution of marriage and rely more on friendship and compassion as the foundation for a successful relationship.

Additional surveys are also arriving at the same conclusion. A 2012 publication, Reexamining the Case for Marriage: Union Formation and Changes in Well-Being from the National Council on Family Relations®, supports that those couples opting to delay marriage evoked a higher level of self-esteem and were generally happier than their married counterparts. However, the study did also reveal that, married or unmarried, if both relationship statuses were based on a foundation of trust and friendship, their levels of a sense of well-being were raised.

If you are revisiting your marital situation because you or your spouse is considering moving on with life, or if you are in need of a cohabitation agreement to protect your assets with your unmarried partner, an experienced Chicago, IL family law attorney at Anderson & Associates, P.C. can help. Our lawyers can meet with you to personally address any legal questions you may have. We have five offices throughout the area: downtown Chicago, Schaumburg, Wheaton, and Northbrook.

Pursuing a Dissipation Claim Against Your Spouse

February 25th, 2015 at 9:42 am

dissipation claim, divorce lawyer in IllinoisThe division of marital property during a divorce proceeding is often contentious, particularly if the parties are disputing who gets which assets. Additional complications arise if one or both parties take steps to deplete those assets after the marriage has broken down.

When a couple is on the brink of divorce, one or both spouses might be tempted to spend marital assets to prevent the other from getting those assets in a divorce. This is called dissipation of marital property. Illinois law defines dissipation as a spouse’s use of marital or nonmarital property for his or her sole benefit for a purpose unrelated to the marriage after the marriage has begun to undergo an irretrievable breakdown.

Examples of dissipation include:

  • Buying gifts for a boyfriend or girlfriend;
  • Going on vacation with a boyfriend or girlfriend;
  • Excessive spending on gambling or lottery tickets;
  • Excessive spending on alcohol or other controlled substances;
  • Allowing the marital home or other real estate to fall into foreclosure; and
  • Failure to maintain marital property.

Claim Requirements

A spouse who wants to file a dissipation claim must do so 60 days before trial begins or 30 days after discovery closes, whichever date comes later. The spouse’s notice of intent must identify when the marriage underwent the irretrievable breakdown, the dissipated property, and when the dissipation occurred. If the party does not file a notice of intent within this timeframe, then any dissipation claims are waived.

Dissipation claims will not be successful if the spending was consistent with the lifestyle the couple established during the marriage. For example, if the alleged dissipater took a trip with the children during the divorce proceeding, and it is determined that the spouse took similar trips during the marriage then the claim is baseless. Furthermore, dissipation cannot be alleged if it occurred more than five years before the divorce petition was filed or three years after the party alleging dissipation knew or should have known about the dissipation.

Once a proper notice of intent to claim dissipation is file, the dissipating party has the burden to prove by clear and convincing evidence that the alleged dissipation did not occur. If the court determines that a dissipation claim is valid, it may compensate the wronged spouse. Typically this is done by offsetting the dissipated assets against the property awarded to the wasteful spouse in the judgment for dissolution of marriage.

Contact one of our Chicago divorce attorneys today if you suspect that your spouse is guilty of dissipation, or if your spouse files a dissipation claim against you. The timing and specifics of dissipation claims matter, and we will ensure that such claims are effectively pursued or defended. Anderson & Associates, P.C. has offices in Schaumburg, Wheaton, Northbrook, Orland Park and downtown Chicago.

Consenting to Your Child’s Adoption

February 24th, 2015 at 9:35 am

adoption in Illinois, Chicago adoption and family law attorneyIn some circumstances, parents are not able to provide a financially stable home or give their children the life they want them to have. Illinois law allows for birth parents to put their children up for adoption in order to offer a better future. Here are a few things to know if you are a parent who feels this is the best option for your child or if you are a hopeful parent who wants to adopt.

A child is available for adoption when:

  • He has been surrendered for adoption to an agency, and the agency has consented to that adoption;
  • A person authorized by law, other than the child’s parents, consents to the adoption, or when no consent is necessary;
  • He is in the custody of persons who intend to adopt him through placement made by his parents;
  • A parent has signed a specific consent to adoption; or
  • He has been relinquished pursuant to the Abandoned Newborn Infant Protection Act.

Consent, Surrender and Waiver

A consent or surrender is generally required before a child is available for adoption. However, neither is required if the court finds:

  • The person is an unfit parent by clear and convincing evidence;
  • The person is not the child’s biological or adoptive father;
  • The person waived his or her parental rights;
  • The person is the father as a result of criminal sexual abuse or assault;
  • The father is a family member of the mother, and the mother was under 18 years old when the child was conceived; or
  • The father is at least five years older than the mother, and the mother was under 17 years old when the child was conceived (unless the parents voluntarily acknowledge the father’s paternity).

If a waiver, consent or surrender is needed to complete the adoption, there are several timing requirements that must be followed:

  1. No consent or surrender can be signed within the 72-hour period immediately following the child’s birth.
  2. If the consent or surrender is signed 72 hours after the child’s birth, then it is generally irrevocable.
  3. The child’s father may sign a consent or surrender before birth. The father may revoke his consent or surrender if he notifies the agency or court representative who acknowledged the consent or surrender within 72 hours after the child’s birth. A consent/surrender that is not revoked within this time period is irrevocable.
  4. A parent may consent to a standby adoption that will become effective when the consenting parent dies or requests that the final judgment of adoption be entered.
  5. A putative father or legal father may sign a waiver of his parental rights at any time prior to or after the child’s birth. A waiver generally is irrevocable.

Contact one of our Chicago adoption attorneys at Anderson & Associates, P.C. if you have any questions about the adoption process in Illinois or about the consequences of signing a consent, surrender or waiver. We have offices in Schaumburg, Wheaton, Northbrook, Orland Park and downtown Chicago.

Certified Mediation in Illinois

February 21st, 2015 at 9:19 pm

certified mediator illinois, Chicago family law lawyerStaying married may not be for every couple, but neither is a court trial when the couple decides to divorce. Mediation is an alternative for divorcing couples who want to decide what the end results of their divorce will be, but need assistance from a neutral third-party. Certified mediators can help the parties reach an agreement outside of a courtroom.

Some couples may agree on many aspects of the divorce, but disagree over some areas and cannot reach a divorce settlement. “A mediator facilitates communication and negotiation between parties to assist them in reaching a voluntary agreement regarding their dispute,” according to the Illinois Uniform Mediation Act. Mediators are neutral third-parties that help guide the couple to an agreement.

One reason some couples choose mediation over a court trial is that all communications related to the mediation, whether verbal or written, are confidential. Court trials are public records and many couples do not want their divorce proceedings to be available for anyone to see. Mediation through a certified mediator will keep your divorce proceedings and settlement private.

Certified mediators are required to attend a course through an accredited program. During the course, mediators-in-training:

  • Learn skills needed to assist parties reach a resolution;
  • Practice simulated mediations;
  • Work with currently certified mediators or conflict resolution coaches; and
  • Complete a minimum number of hours for certification.

In addition, each circuit court in Illinois has additional requirements to become a certified mediator in that jurisdiction. Parties may be assured that the mediator can confidently guide them through the mediation process and hopefully to reach a complete agreement.

Parties are able to state their view of the events, without having to follow the traditional formalities of a court trial. With the help of the mediator, they are able to discuss their perspective on the issues, what solutions they would like, and how they can reach an agreement. Mediators are also able to meet with parties individually to gain a better understanding of underlying issues to help in the discussion of the settlement.

Mediators can help parties come to an agreement on all aspects of a divorce, including:

  • Child custody;
  • Visitation;
  • Maintenance;
  • Parenting guidelines; and
  • Property and asset division.

In addition to saving costs of a court trial, mediation can save both parties time and may help them maintain a more amicable relationship. The certified mediators at Anderson & Associates, P.C. are experienced in both mediation and divorce and family law cases. They have helped clients avoid the stress, costs, and time a court trial could have cost them.

If you or your spouse has filed for divorce and want to attempt to settle it out of the courtroom, contact a Chicago certified mediation attorney today. Anderson & Associates, P.C. assists clients in Illinois from one of our five offices, conveniently located in Chicago, Schaumburg, Wheaton, Northbrook and Orland Park.

Representation of Children in Custody and Visitation Disputes

February 19th, 2015 at 9:05 pm

representation of children, child custody, Chicago child visitation attorneyMost parents would never do anything to intentionally put their children at risk for physical, emotional, or psychological harm. However, even the most conscientious parents may find themselves in the midst of a bitter, contentious divorce. In such cases, the needs and well-being of the couple’s children can be underrepresented or unintentionally neglected. The potential effects of such a situation may be long-lasting as child custody orders or visitation arrangements can be difficult to alter once entered. For this reason, the law in Illinois permits the court to appoint an attorney to protect a child’s best interest in any proceedings related to custody or visitation.

There are three appointment options available to the court when necessary. Judges are permitted to appoint a qualified attorney to fill the role of either attorney for the child, guardian ad litem, or child representative. Whichever the court chooses to utilize, the law expects the work of the appointed attorney to be in compliance with the statutes regarding each and to be seriously considered by the court throughout the case.

Attorney for the Child

The role of attorney for the child is a very straightforward one: counsel and legal representation for a child of the parties in the case. As any lawyer, the Attorney for the Child is expected to represent his or her client’s wishes before the court. The attorney has the same obligations and confidentiality to the child as any other client, even though he or she is not an adult. Such representation may be fine for an older child, but younger children typically lack decision making skills necessary to effectively utilize an Attorney for the Child’s services.

Guardian ad Litem 

By contrast, a guardian ad litem serves as an extension of the court to independently determine the child’s best interest. Unlike an attorney for the child, a guardian ad litem is not bound by the child’s expressed wishes. The guardian ad litem has the authority to investigate the family circumstances and may speak with all involved parties to establish what outcome would best benefit the child. The guardian ad litem then presents a report which he or she can testify about, subject to cross examination. The guardian ad litem’s opinion is typically important to the court’s decision.

Child Representative 

For many cases, a child representative may be most appropriate, as this role combines the strengths of each of the other two roles in such a way that make it an attractive choice for the court. The Child Representative is granted all of the same investigative powers as a guardian ad litem to determine the child’s best interest.

However, the child representative does not act as a witness or make a report; rather, he or she represents the child’s best-interest position as a party to the case. Any wishes expressed by the child must be taken into account, but if they are not aligned with his or her true well-being, the child representative is not required to advocate for that position. In addition, the child’s representative’s communications with the child are protected by confidentiality.

If you have an on-going custody or visitation case and you would like the court to appoint an attorney to represent your child’s interest in the case, contact an experienced Illinois family law attorney. Call Anderson & Associates, P.C. today at 312-345-9999 for a free initial consultation. We offer five convenient offices throughout the greater Chicago area to best meet your family’s needs, including downtown, Orland Park, Schaumburg, Wheaton and Northbrook.

Steps to Take Before Your Property Division Hearing

February 18th, 2015 at 8:58 pm

property division hearings, Illinois divorce law attorneyWhen a couple divorces, they dismantle the marriage they built together. One of the biggest components of this is the division of their marital property during the divorce process. Although it can be difficult to face your spouse in court or with a mediator to decide how you will split your home and possessions, it is a necessary part of any divorce. Consider the following tips to make this process easier for you.

Never Attempt to Hide Your Assets

Your spouse and his or her attorney have ways of discovering your assets, even if you attempt to hide them. No matter how you feel about your spouse or the asset itself, it is crucial that you maintain an open, honest communication with the court during the divorce process. Concealing assets will typically result in having to spend more money, time, and energy on your divorce and can result in significant penalties against you.

Know the Different Types of Property

Not all of your property is subject to division. Anything you obtained independently of your marriage, either through a gift, inheritance or due to owning the property prior to marrying your spouse, is considered to be nonmarital property. In the divorce, you should receive all of your nonmarital property.

Marital property includes anything you and your spouse acquired during the marriage or obtained or developed together. This can include your home, any vacation homes, bank or retirement accounts (regardless of whose name the account is in), stocks, and businesses. This is the property that the court will equitably divide during your divorce.

A third category of property, commingled property, includes assets that were originally marital or nonmarital property, but due to actions or events that happened during the marriage may have changed categories. This can be a complicated analysis and you should talk to your attorney about any property you have that may be considered to be commingled property.

Understand How the Property Division Process Works

Illinois is an equitable distribution state, which means that property is not necessarily divided 50/50 among divorcing couples. Instead, the court considers the divorcing couple’s unique circumstances in light of a list of factors to develop a fair division for them. Some examples of these factors are as follows:

  • Either partner’s financial obligation to a former spouse or child from a previous marriage;
  • Which partner is the custodial parent of a child;
  • Each partner’s current age and health;
  • Each partner’s current income;
  • Each partner’s potential for future income;
  • Whether either partner is receiving spousal maintenance;
  • Each partner’s contribution to the appreciation or depreciation of the marital property;
  • The duration of the couple’s marriage; and
  • The couple’s prenuptial agreement, if applicable.

The Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act includes the laws for dividing property among divorcing couples in Illinois. For some couples, all of the above factors are applicable. For others, only a few can be applied to their case. Talk to an attorney about the weight that each factor may carry in your property division hearing.

Contact a Divorce and Family Law Attorney 

If you are currently going through a divorce or considering filing for divorce in the near future, contact our Chicago, IL divorce lawyers to discuss your case with one of our experienced divorce attorneys. Anderson & Associates, P.C. understands the difficulties that all divorcing couples face and can help you through this process by providing you with compassionate, helpful legal advice and representation for your case. Contact us today to schedule an appointment at our offices in Schaumburg, Wheaton, Northbrook, Orland Park and Chicago.

Remarriage and Spousal Maintenance

February 16th, 2015 at 8:56 pm

spousal maintenance, remarriage, Chicago divorce lawyerFollowing a divorce, many individuals may be required to make spousal maintenance payments (formerly known as alimony) to their former partners. Historically this was done to prevent a homemaker from becoming destitute after a divorce. With the rise of dual-income households, spousal maintenance is increasingly used to give the lesser-earning spouse the financial support he or she needs to complete his or her college education or job training and become fully self-supporting.

In Illinois, the laws that govern spousal maintenance are written into the Illinois Marriage and Dissolution of Marriage Act. Under this Act, an individual who receives spousal maintenance may stop receiving this support when he or she remarries or cohabitates with another individual. If you are currently paying or receiving spousal maintenance, talk to your attorney about how getting married or moving in with a partner will affect your current maintenance situation.

Types of Spousal Maintenance

The traditional type of spousal maintenance is made in regular installments for the rest of the recipient spouse’s life, known as permanent maintenance.. This type of maintenance could also be terminated through the receiving spouse’s remarriage, cohabitation with another partner, or death of the paying spouse. Remarriage and cohabitation also terminate spousal support payments for individuals who receive rehabilitative maintenance, which is the maintenance designed to help an individual become self-sufficient.

With maintenance in gross, the money paid to the receiving spouse is usually given as one single payment, but can be made in installments. The key difference is that it is non-modifiable, so if the receiving spouse remarries before this payment is completed, the paying spouse still must make the payment.

Termination and Modification of Spousal Maintenance

Getting married again does not automatically terminate a paying spouse’s responsibility to his or her former partner. If he or she wants to pursue a modification or termination of the current maintenance obligation, he or she must file a petition with the court.

If the receiving spouse cohabitates with another partner, he or she spousal maintenance payments should terminate. Cohabitation is defined as a relationship having all of the characteristics of marriage, except for the formal marriage license. To determine whether a couple is cohabitating, the court will consider whether:

  • The couple has joint financial interests such as a lease on a rental property, purchased property, shared credit card, or shared bank account;
  • The couple spends vacations and holidays together; and/or
  • The couple engages in social and professional activities in the same manner as a
  • married couple.

The court also considers the length of the cohabiting couple’s relationship and the amount of time they spend together when determining whether or not a new relationship may terminate an individual’s current maintenance.

Experienced Divorce Attorneys in Illinois

Before moving in with your new partner or choosing to marry again after your divorce, contact our Chicago divorce attorneys to discuss how such a move may affect your maintenance with one of our firm’s experienced divorce attorneys. Our team of lawyers at Anderson & Associates, P.C. can walk you through the process of getting a modification or terminating your maintenance altogether. Call 312-345-9999 to schedule an appointment at any of our five offices in Schaumburg, Wheaton, Northbrook, Orland Park and downtown Chicago.

Seeking Visitation Rights as a Grandparent, Great-Grandparent, or Sibling

February 15th, 2015 at 4:58 pm

grandparent visitation rights, Illinois family law attorneyIllinois law allows all parents to petition the court for visitation with their children. Grandparents, great-grandparents and siblings may also petition for visitation rights under certain specific circumstances when the child’s parents unfairly deny them such rights.

The law presumes that parents make decisions regarding contact with other family members with their child’s best interests in mind. But this is not always the case.  A grandparent, great-grandparent, or sibling may rebut that presumption if he or she proves that the parent’s decision harmed the child’s physical, emotional or mental health. Some factors that the court will consider regarding this decision include:

  • The child’s wishes regarding visitation, depending upon the child’s maturity level;
  • The child’s mental and physical health;
  • The petitioner’s mental and physical health;
  • The length and quality of the relationship between the petitioner and the child;
  • The petitioner’s reasons for seeking visitation rights;
  • The amount of visitation time requested by the petitioner and how it may affect the child’s normal activities;
  • Whether the petitioner resided with the child or was the child’s primary caretaker for at least six consecutive months;
  • Whether the petitioner had regular contact with the child for at least 12 consecutive months; and
  • Whether denying visitation would harm the child’s mental, physical or emotional health..

Petitioning for Visitation Rights

When a parent unreasonably denies visitation to a grandparent, great-grandparent or sibling, these individuals may petition for visitation rights if at least one of the following circumstances exists:

  • The child’s other parent is dead or has been reported missing for at least three months;
  • A parent has been deemed legally incompetent;
  • A parent was incarcerated during the three-month period before the family member filed the petition;
  • The parents are divorced, legally separated, or in the midst of a court proceeding involving custody and at least one parent does not object to visitation;
  • The child’s parents were not married when the child was born, the parents do not live together and the petitioner is related to the mother; or
  • The child’s parents were not married when the child was born, the parents do not live together, and the petitioner is related to the father who has established paternity through the court.

Note that visitation rights granted to a grandparent, great-grandparent or sibling cannot diminish the visitation rights of the unrelated parent.

If you are a grandparent, great-grandparent or sibling seeking visitation rights denied to you by the child’s parents, contact one of our family law lawyers in Chicago today. Anderson & Associates, P.C. can help you file a successful petition seeking visitation rights. Contact us for a free initial consultation. We can assist those from our offices in Schaumburg, Wheaton, Northbrook, Orland Park and downtown Chicago.

Establishing the Father-Child Relationship Under Illinois Law

February 14th, 2015 at 10:23 am

father-child relationship, Chicago family law attorneysIt is easy to establish the parent-child relationship between a birth mother and her baby. After all, the only legal requirement is proving that she gave birth to the child. Establishing paternity, however, is not always as simple.

Illinois law presumes paternity if:

  • The man and the child’s natural mother were married at the time of conception;
  • After the child’s birth, the man and the child’s natural mother marry and he is named (with his written consent) on the birth certificate as the father; or
  • The man and the child’s natural mother have signed a Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity or other acknowledgment of parentage approved by Illinois law.

If the presumption of paternity arises due to marriage, it can only be overcome by clear and convincing evidence. If the presumption involves a signed acknowledgment of paternity or parentage then that presumption is conclusive unless the acknowledgment has been legally rescinded within a certain time period.

Acknowledging and Challenging Paternity

The easiest way to establish paternity when the man is not married to the child’s mother is by signing a Voluntary Acknowledgment of Paternity at the hospital when the child is born. Both parents must sign the form in front of a witness who is at least 18 years old, who also signs the form. If either parent wants to rescind this acknowledgment, he or she must submit a rescission form to the state Department of Healthcare and Family Services within 60 days of signing the Voluntary Acknowledgement of Paternity.

Once the 60-day period has passed, it is very difficult to disestablish paternity. An acknowledgment of paternity can be challenged in court, but only for fraud, duress or material mistake of fact. The challenging party has the burden of proof.

Paternity can be established voluntarily, or it can be established by a court. The law permits certain parties to bring a legal action to determine the father-child relationship, including:

  • The child;
  • The child’s mother, including when she is pregnant;
  • Any person or public agency with custody of, or providing financial support to, the child; or
  • A man presumed or alleging himself to be the child’s father.

These various parties will likely have different reasons for establishing paternity. Once paternity is established, a parent has certain legal rights and obligations, including custody, visitation, and contributing to the child’s financial support. If you want to bring a legal action establishing–or challenging–paternity, contact one of our Chicago, IL paternity lawyers today. From offices in Schaumburg, Wheaton, Northbrook, Orland Park, and Chicago, Anderson & Associates, P.C. can help you with your paternity matters throughout Illinois.

Petitioning for an Order of Protection

February 13th, 2015 at 10:47 am

Illinois order of protection, Chicago domestic violence lawyerIllinois does not tolerate physical assault, sexual abuse or domestic violence of any kind. If you or your children have been threatened or attacked, you can obtain an order of protection against the alleged abuser. There are three types of orders of protection available in Illinois: emergency, interim, and plenary orders.

An emergency order offers temporary protection. A person protected by the Illinois Domestic Violence Act may obtain an emergency order in court without giving notice to the alleged abuser (known as the “respondent”). Such orders can last up to 21 days. A plenary order extends that protection up to two years, but the respondent must first be provided with notice of the proceedings. A court will not issue a plenary order without a hearing in which both sides have the opportunity to present evidence. However, there is often a gap between an emergency order’s expiration and the hearing on a plenary order of protection. An interim order, which lasts up to 30 days, is designed to bridge this gap. However, the court will only issue an interim order if the respondent has appeared in court, has been formally notified about the proceedings, or the petitioner is making a diligent effort to serve the respondent with notice of the proceedings.

What Does an Order of Protection Do?

An order of protection places limits on the respondent’s behavior and can also afford the victims (known as “protected persons”) with certain rights. Examples include:

  • Prohibiting abuse, neglect, harassment, interference with personal liberty and stalking;
  • Prohibiting the respondent from entering any residence he or she shares with the  protected person(s);
  • Ordering the respondent to stay away from the  protected person(s;
  • Prohibiting the respondent from entering the protected person’s school, place of employment or other specified places when the protected person is present;
  • Requiring the respondent to attend counseling;
  • Awarding physical custody or temporary legal custody of any children to the petitioner;
  • Establishing the respondent’s visitation rights, if any; and
  • Granting the petitioner exclusive possession of any family pets.

Note that an order of protection is enforceable within Illinois as well as anywhere within the United States.

Who May File a Petition Seeking an Order of Protection?

The law only permits certain individuals to petition for an order of protection. Any person who has been abused by a family or household member may seek this legal protection.   If this person is a minor child or an adult who, due to age, health, disability or inaccessibility, cannot file the petition, then anyone may file on that person’s behalf. The law also permits anyone to file on behalf of a “high-risk” adult with disabilities who has been abused, neglected or exploited by a family or household member.

If you are a victim of domestic abuse, remember that you are not alone. We can help you and your loved ones seek the protection that you need, both in the short-term and in the long-term. Contact one of our Chicago family law attorneys today for a consultation. Anderson & Associates, P.C. has five offices in Schaumburg, Wheaton, Northbrook, Orland Park and downtown Chicago.