Post Decree Modification
Wheaton Attorneys
Call Us Now Email Us Our Attorneys Office Locations

Chicago Office

20 N. Clark Street, Suite 2720
Chicago, Illinois 60602
Phone: 312-345-9999

Schaumburg Office

1101 Perimeter Dr. Ste. 220
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Phone: 847-995-9999

Wheaton Office

400 S. County Farm Road, Suite 320
Wheaton, Illinois 60187
Phone: 630-653-9400

Orland Park Office

15255 W. 94th Ave., Suite 201
Orland Park, IL 60462
Phone: 708-226-9904

Chicago Post Decree Modification Attorneys

Chicago Lawyers Assisting with Divorce Decree Modification and Enforcement

Even the most comprehensive divorce decree can be inadequate when there is a substantial change in the circumstances of the parties or their children. When circumstances change, modifications to the divorce decree are often required. At the law office of Anderson & Associates, P.C., we assist you in obtaining the post decree modifications you need to better fit your present situation. We also represent clients seeking to avoid such modifications.

Types of Available Post Decree Modifications

In Illinois, modifications can be made to several areas of a divorce decree including child custody and visitation arrangements, child support, and maintenance/alimony. In order for the court to grant such modifications, there must be suitable grounds. These grounds can include but are not limited to:

  • Changes in the financial circumstances of one or both parties (i.e. job loss or promotion)
  • A change in the marital status of one party
  • Changes in the educational or medical needs of a dependent child(ren)
  • Concern for the safety and well-being of a dependent child(ren)
  • Desire of one parent to relocate
  • Preferences of older children in regards to custody arrangements

The easiest and most cost-efficient way to modify the conditions of a divorce decree is through negotiation, but sometimes that is not possible. Post decree modifications can be as hard fought as the original divorce proceedings. No matter what the situation, our attorneys are prepared to strongly advocate for your best interests and the best interests of your children.

Post Decree Enforcement

Failure to comply with the conditions of the original divorce decree can also require legal action. If your former spouse is not paying child support or spousal support fully and in a timely manner, there are legal remedies. Additionally, if your ex-spouse is interfering in your parenting rights as specified by your divorce decree, legal action may be necessary. Our family law attorneys can assist in enforcement of court orders by petitioning the court for wage garnishment and other court imposed consequences.

If you need assistance with modifying or enforcing the conditions of your divorce decree, contact us to schedule a free consultation. From our conveniently located downtown Chicago office as well as three other regional offices, we serve clients throughout the Chicago area and beyond.